- Use Disk Cleanup to delete temporary files, unused programs and any other file taking up space and slowing things down. (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup)
- Defrag your hard drive to speed up access to your data. (Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Defragment your hard drive).
- Update your spyware and antivirus software with the newest definitions. The internet changes fast. Having outdated security can slow you down dramatically.
- Make sure you have the latest security patches and updates installed and configured properly.
- Check your backups and conduct an emergency “restore” of the data. Remember, the best time to check your backups is when you DON’T desperately need to recover your data!
Try the above and let us know how it goes and share your experiences with a friend.